Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant

tomthiel

Do you know the current SW catalog? Entry level to Top Tier?

Happy Listening!

tomthiel

Thank You for citing Kimber Balck Pearl. This one slipped under my Radar.

I was thinking that Kimber Select (KS) is/was the Top line? Exciting times at Thiel circa 2012 with Models CS 2.7 and CS 3.7 loudspeakers.

Happy Listening!

Kimber discontinued the Black Pearl due to time consumption and production requirements that couldn't be sustained at any asking price. Ray had gifted a first-run pair to us around 1980 and later traded them for a last-run finalized version. He, of course, used our speakers in his development work.

I was honored and pleased to evaluate the finalized CS2.7 even though I was not involved in its development. I saw the careful and sustained work of Team Thiel to bring that product to market in Jim's honor.

JA - I can't say that I know SW's current catalog. I have mid-level SW and consider it a strong performer for its cost. Their offerings top to bottom make sense to me, but I haven't heard their newer or pricier models. Most of my exposure to the breadth of what's out there comes from you guys here.