Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
128x128jafant
How many different materials did Thiel make cabinets out of over the years?  I know most are MDF but my 3.7s are curved plywood(I'm pretty sure, some kind of layered, curved wood product, very rigid.) and aluminum front.  The Powerpoints were aluminum, as were the viewpoints and powerplanes.  I believe the original 7 had concrete baffles.  I tend to follow ATC as well and they've followed a similar trajectory.  They've made a bunch of speakers out of aluminum but have returned to MDF.  They've been making a lot of curved cabinets in recent years but still some kind of wood composite.  

My guess is that for companies that aren't making cost-no-object products, wood of one type or another is the best option.  If you're a luxury brand, it's a different world.  The main reason you make cabinets exotically is so sales people who don't understand anything can appeal to the vanity of rich consumers who don't understand anything.  They have zero understanding of the tradeoffs, importance of various factors, etc.  The sales process is just some sort of ridiculous social ritual.
johnhh

Welcome! Good to see you here. Nice gear on-hand.
Are you looking to build a system around the CS 1.5 or CS 2.7 loudspeakers? Both?
I look forward in reading more about your Musical tastes and system(s).

Happy Listening!
Jafant, 
Sorry, I was not clear. I want to build a system around the CS2.7.
JohnH
johnhh

Thank You for the clarification. If you enjoy the Rotel sound- seek a matching Rotel pre-amp.
The RB 1582 will act as a fine start until you can upgrade.

Happy Listening!
Trust me johnhh. This is where the rabbit hole goes deeper. Enjoy being enabled and enlightened