Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
As a cable skeptic, I'm wondering how the length of speaker cables plays into this.  If we assume that the perfect cable is transparent, shouldn't the ideal situation involve extremely short runs?  Since I run mono amps I have a very short run of Audioquest type 4 cables, 3 feet I think.  I could pretty easily shorten this to less than a foot if I believed it mattered.  Is 1 foot of moderately priced cable better than 10 feet of expensive cable?  This length vs price relationship has to be relevant.  And if this sort of thing is so important shouldn't we see a lot more mono dacs and preamps so you can send your digital signal from your digital source to the mono dacs right next to your speakers that are hooked directly to the preamp that is hooked directly to the amp that is hooked directly to the speaker?  Why not just eliminate significant analog cable runs altogether?  I could buy a second identical dac, use only one channel on each one but make the dac/preamp/amp connections essentially plug to plug.  If cables have the potential to do such harm why not just get rid of them?  It's terribly difficult for me to believe any of the cable talk.  I feel a little bit bad about it.
jon_5912

interesting points-of-view. Certainly many factors to consider regarding cables/cords. Shorter runs of SP are preferred. A flat SP like Nordost can benefit from a longer run, as it is a very fast cable design. 
Otherwise, I enjoy a more robust design with a smaller gauge in diameter.

The possibilities are endless. Thank Goodness.

Happy Listening!
I ran my CS3 with Mac, Quicksiver tubes. And Threshold, Levinson. They all sounded good. The ML 2s smoked everything when they didnt overheat 
coltbill

Welcome! Good to see you here. Do you still own the CS3 model?
If not, do you run a newer Thiel loudspeaker?

Happy Listening!
jafant,

Yes, some of the Synergistic Research products seem too good - or too weird - to be true. I'd have to be working with a friendly dealer to even try them. The latest SR product I tried was a USB cable that was among a group of 5 USB cables from the lending library at the Cable Company. The Synergistic cable had screw-in modules to tune the cable to be warmer or cooler in overall sound. I liked the imaging of the cable, but it seemed to emphasize "air" at the higher frequencies at the expense of the bass, The group of cables I tried included "mid-priced" cables from Cardas, Audience, Synergistic, Stealth, and Shunyata. I ended up buying the Shunyata Alpha, which is pretty high-priced in my world, but far lower priced than the Shunyata Sigma or Omega models.