Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
@therealpupalei yes you needed to short out the XLR inputs when using the single ended inputs as that can cause issues

its unfortunate that you had such issues as the Krell TAS is an excellent piece of gear.  I would have liked to hear your impression of it once it was working properly.  I have called Krell on several occasions and have had no issues.  With regards to the Krell TAS they said unless it was broken or having issues it did not need to be serviced.

@jon_5912 I would have shipped it back.  Had that happen with a pair of 2.4's unfortunately.  The cabinet arrived cracked and one of the drivers was blown.  Honestly I think the owner knew they were damaged and wanted the insurance money.  Fortunately it was through Ebay and I promptly got my money back. 

@solobone22 - I'd be glad to listen to your test tune; I have a pair of 3.6s in my studio as permanent references. Note that Rob has rebuild kits for that tweeter (CS2.2, 3.6, 5). If it is fried, I suggest sending the whole unit to Rob, because the ferro-fluid can get cooked and thick and need replacement. Extremely low likelihood of XO damage.
@solobone22

Yeah, tbh I was just ready. I could have put more effort in, but I got about a third of the money back for it that I spent on it 20 years ago. It had a good run. Hopefully "they" will fix it up and someone will get some joy out of it.

I don’t know about shorting out the XLR input, and will look into it. I am getting a little hum through my current system when I connect my PC through HDMI. So far, unplugging the PC’s HDMI cable does the trick and the amp goes dead silent.
@tomthiel do you by chance have the Mahler 7 - CSO Abbado on DG?  The track I used was the beginning of mvt 5.  If not I can post a snip of the track for testing purposes.
@therealpupalei what do you think of the PS amp? 

I have a Denon HTR and have hooked it up to my Krell to Thiel setup. This wasn't a good match at all.  The preamp I use now (Levinson 326S) is significantly more expensive however is an excellent match for the system. I've also used the Mytek Brooklyn as preamp/DAC and the MSB Analog as preamp/DAC.  The Levinson gives it more weight with more meat on the bones without interfering with what the 3.6's do so well.