Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
@ctsooner That is what my hunt has been for. Any speaker can produce sound. A carefully matched system can reproduce music and that is what I’m after as well. Currently my most involving setup is this:

Intel NUC running wtfplay (Synergistic Active USB) or Cal Audio Labs CL-10 (Synergistic X coaxial) --> MSB Analog DAC --> AudioQuest G Snake --> Krell FBI Integrated --> AQ 4 (I think) speaker cables --> Thiel CD2.7

Big wide deep dynamic with what I hear as accurate timbre of instruments.

When I need bass that the 2.7 cannot reproduce I hookup a Definitive SuperCube II to the preamp outs on the Krell.
@solobone22 @tomthiel
It’s very hard to compare the PS Audio to the Krell for several reasons. I suspect the Krell has needed service for quite a while, so I’m sure I haven’t heard it at its best for a decade. Other changes I’ve made at the same time: I’m running two matching subs on the left and right corners and I’ve set the crossover at 60 hz instead of 80, which I always used before.

It still worked okay through 3 channels with balanced cables but when I replaced the Onkyo Pre/Pro with a new Denon receiver and had to try RCA inputs, the Krell hummed badly. I looked into getting it serviced, but I can hardly tell if the company still exists. I left a message at a number I found online (that sounded like some dude’s cell phone) and never heard back.
I didn’t have time to do a lot of research, but found the @whitecamaross thread and saw the positive blurb at the top about the BHK 300 and saw the TAS buyer’s guide positively comparing the 250 to the 300. When I saw that PS Audio was made here in Colorado and gave a generous discount for old broken trade-ins, it was a no-brainer for me.
The main thing I can say in comparison is that with the Krell I always felt the treble was too harsh. I may be over sensitive to treble anyway, but I was never 100% able to listen to violins or trumpets until I heard about Audyssey. It was less about room correction and more about rolling off highs, but Audyssey was a game changing technology for me.
With the PS Audio, the 2.3s are still forward if not bright, but although I keep thinking I’m going to get that ringing in my ears I never quite get it. I didn’t need to be in a hurry to run Audyssey at all.  Now that I have run it, I’m running it "Flat".

I listen between 70-75 db on average. Louder than that is still a little too much "in my face". But at that level it really does sound better than ever. Like I said before I no longer need to mess with surround modes to get 3D sound.
@solobone22  that speaker is still taken apart in the corner of the garage.  Maybe I'll get to it and maybe I won't.  I've already done 2 repairs and bought a replacement part.  Knowing that I need at least two more parts to get them working has me considering just keeping the one that works and ditching the other.  I bought a single PowerPlane 1.2 off ebay for $135.  I'll probably just troll for bargains rather than sink more time and money into this mess.  
@therealpupalei yes you needed to short out the XLR inputs when using the single ended inputs as that can cause issues

its unfortunate that you had such issues as the Krell TAS is an excellent piece of gear.  I would have liked to hear your impression of it once it was working properly.  I have called Krell on several occasions and have had no issues.  With regards to the Krell TAS they said unless it was broken or having issues it did not need to be serviced.

@jon_5912 I would have shipped it back.  Had that happen with a pair of 2.4's unfortunately.  The cabinet arrived cracked and one of the drivers was blown.  Honestly I think the owner knew they were damaged and wanted the insurance money.  Fortunately it was through Ebay and I promptly got my money back.