Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
I have a pair of cs2.3's.  Had them for the last 20 years. I upgraded the coax mid/tweeter to the two magnet unit, this was pivotal in me keeping them, as I had a heck of a time taming the brightness.  A tube preamp helped considerably also. As per most Thiel products, very high resolution and lack of coloration. Makes poor recordings sound poor, but good recording sound fantastic!  I have a high current amp (Bryston 4bsst). Not sure of the differences between 2.4's and 2.3's. Make sure you are sitting at least 9-10', as the drivers need the distance to blend appropriately. After 20 years, got the bug to get a new pair of speakers, ended up buying a pair of Tekton Moabs, still waiting for delivery, Eric is very busy! Hopefully it is an upgrade over my Thiels, as the return shipping cost will be considerable. 
protoss71
Welcome!  Good to see you here. There are a few fans and owners of the CS 2.3 on the Panel.  I concur about sitting 8-10' away from the 2.3/2.4 models.  Feel free to return if you do not like Tekton Moabs.An ARC Ref5SE is a sonic match with Bryston 4B-SST.

Happy Listening!
brayeagle: Congratulations on your 97th. I loved the origin tale for your handle. You brought your own good stuff to this forum. Enjoy your system. Salute.
ish_mail
Good to see you again. We all should wish for hearing at the age of 97 and beyond. A blessing, indeed.

Happy Listening!