Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Coherent speakers must heed the listening position to test properly. JA knows this. His normal, small room would add too many early reflections to give readable graphs. So he chose 50” which gives false readings for coherent sources. There are other review rags using more legitimate methods. 
Early on, JA explained, even apologized for the misleading readings. But subsequent ownership policy changed that.
Looking to replace the damaged mid-range in my Thiel CS3.5 speakers.  PBN Audio recommends the Scanspeak 10F/8424G 4” as a replacement.  Apparently no modifications to the crossover are required.

Has anyone heard the CS3.5 with the 10F/8424G?  If so, can you describe the sound? Power handling long term max power of 30W and a relatively low 400Hz crossover seem OK?  This is reportedly a most outstanding driver.   Do you think it is an improvement over the original mid-range driver?

Moved this question to the Thiel Forum.  Hope it's in the right place.   Thanks.  

slhijb
Welcome! Good to see you here. Stay tuned until one of the Panel's 3.5 experts chimes in to address your query.I look forward in reading more about your musical tastes and system.
Happy Listening!
slhibj -  Limited knowledge and experience here. I hope that directly experienced users will comment. Although the FR and other performance and technologies of the SS 10F are appropriate, I worry about the 30 Watt power rating compared with 50 or more (memory fails) for the original. Rob and I have chosen the 10F for a CS2 and 2.2 replacement. But the 3.5s XO is an octave lower (400 vs 800Hz) plus the Equalizer boosts the low end of the midrange driver considerably. Consider that the stock MR were somewhat fragile if driven hard - we replaced hundreds with burned voice coils. So, I'm leery of the the 10F for the 3.5. But my opinion is just that, an opinion without definitive experience.

We (here) need to find a 3.5 replacement. I suggest you contact Rob Gillum at Coherent Source Service to learn his recent experience regarding your problem. And I also look forward to hearing from others here.