Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Check out The 10 Most Influential Speakers of the Last 50 Years article over on Audioholics.com -  Thiel Audio 3.6 makes this list.

Happy Listening!
Do you mean the 3.6 made it, but the 3.5 and 3.7 didn't? I strongly disagree with that. Every model in the 3 series was an innovative step forward in audiophile speaker history. The O3a was reviewed as unmatched in palpability of imaging. The CS3.5 was an O3a and 3.0 perfected, with an EQ that really brought full bass to a reasonbly priced speaker along with every audiophile quality fully provided.

The 3.6 sold a lot, and was a little better than the 3.5, but not so revolutionary in the history of audio. The 3.7 was the designer's testiment in revolution, execu5ion, performance, and accuracy including the most advanced custom driver designs ever yet marketed.
Regarding subwoofers for my CS3.7s, I am throwing caution into the wind, along with money  (gulp). I am buying two SS3 subs, and providing all the answers that I was hoping someone here could answer for me. The single SS2.2 I have now is on US Audiomart. But I suspect just adding another SS2.2 would have been the more conservative and equally satisfying route.
FWIW - I think the SS2.2 is a post Jim Thiel alteration , much like the CS1.7 was. Does anybody here know if the SS2.2 has the room boundary compensation.?
Warren- wow. Let us know how this venture unfolds. Are you a closet headbanger?