Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Wow! Really appreciate all the responses. It is wonderful to be able to tap into so many knowledgeable resources. Really just getting started so I will be more active when I have something valuable to add. I don't listen really  loud, at least not too often, so the Bryston is going to need to be the starter amp, and the CS5 has no second lugs for biamping. My vandersteen's do, and they are powered by 2 Mitsubishi DA-15s vertically biamped. I just don't have any decent source equipment. Tons of CDs but my older transport wont spin- it has the pioneer stable platter, but cannot see an appropriate path for repair. I hate throwing away- everything else works, but economics will probably require. Thanks again.
Dsper
I have spent a great deal of time in Indy. Was a Colts season ticket holder until a few years ago. I recall Ovation as a big dealer in the area, but not familiar with the one you mentioned.
Has anyone here heard the dual CS5s used to create a dipole?  I remember Jim Thiel saying that putting two CS5 pairs back to back would provide greater listening improvement than bi-amping the beasts. 
I ask because I've recently been playing with my new toys, a  Bose 901 II system.  And while I've just taken the conversation from the sublime to the ridiculous, I have to admit that these little beasts sound a lot bigger and better than they ought to: they're not the most accurate speakers in the world but they are a whole lot of fun.  And I also found that the music is far less of a blurred mess than intuition would suggest. 

In a moment of insight or madness, I realized that the 901s are a highly equalized single driver system.  Not sure if that would make them time and phase coherent but there is no crossover to throw the signal out.  And I know that the 3.5s were phase coherent and used an equalizer so the 901 EQ wouldn't necessarily cause phase issues.  

This makes me wonder if phase coherence wasn't part of the secret sauce that made the 901s work in the first place.  The end result isn't a jumbled mess, it's a pretty impressive Technicolor rendition of the signal.   And if I'm right, two pairs of CS5s would give you that signal in Technicolor and 8k -- although you'd be spending a whole lot more on amplification :)

ovinewar

I enjoy a wide range of music - classical, jazz, pop, rock and soul.

Not into hip-hop nor rap.  At your leisure, read over this thread as there is a plethora of information on Thiel Audio.

Happy Listening!

ovinewar,

Perhaps Ovation is no longer what you might remember.

In my opinion, Audio Solutions is the better store in terms of brands carried and an immense inventory of used gear. 

I got my Maggies from Ovation but after that I really have not shopped there anymore.

Thanks for listening,

Dsper