Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Congrats bighempin! The 3.7s are truly amazing! After having many different speakers in my room, these are here to stay. I did try them with a few cables and settled on a nice beefy Straitwire. I was also running a pair of REL subs with them for a little bit, and ended up deciding I liked them better without the subs. Depending on your amp, the 3.7s can produce some really deep and dynamic and nimble bass.

Also, when I first got mine they had very few hours on them and I was not entirely happy with their sound. They actually took several hundred hours of play till they reached their full sonic potential! 🙌 So, my advice is to be patient and give them ample time to fully “burn-in”, before making other major system changes.
hi Arnie,   i told him the same thing.   I about had a heart attack when i first played mine as they had almost no hours on them and they sounded terrible.  the 2.7's just smoked them.  but after about 200 hours they kicked in and now they are stunning.  curious as to which REL you had.  i am running a single SHO/5 and i find it really benefits my system a great deal.  Enough so that i am considering a second one. 
Hi Ron, I had a pair of REL Storm III’s and was never able to really seamlessly integrate them with the Thiels. They certainly went LOW, but always felt they blurred a bit of the bottom end detail... Perhaps because they are a ported design. Also, at 14x16 my space is small enough that the 3.7s on their own really pressurize the room well. 
tomthiel,

Thanks for the suggestion about Morrow interconnects. I'll definitely look into them. I'm pretty far down the Cardas path at this point, but options are always a good thing.

I've also been interested in the Iconoclast cables that are manufactured by Belkin and marketed as an audiophile product through Blue Jeans Cables. I've never heard them, but I've read very positive comments about them.
Congrats to all you 3.7 owners! I'm still hanging in there with my 2.2's, which have become more expressive and "alive" since I started powering them with PS Audio M700 monoblocks. My search for new interconnects has also shown me that the 2.2's can take on several different personalities depending on the cables being used with them.

I had been considering trying a REL or Thiel subwoofer with my speakers, but I'm now leaning against that option after appreciating the positive effects of my recent amp upgrade. I already have a Thiel SS1 sub that is blended to five Powerpoint 1.2's via a Thiel 5-channel crossover in my HT system, so I know how well that sub can blend with other speakers. However, I also really value the naturalness of having the 2.2's cover the low frequencies without adding crossovers and dividing up the bass among more drivers. If I did add a sub or two, I would definitely do it via high-level connections (like the REL or Thiel approach). The fact that my 2.2's already have decent bass and I don't listen to music with a lot of content below 30Hz makes a sub less of a necessity for me.