Thiel 7.2: amps suggestions please

I'm a 7.2 owner who looking for a really good amp to match with my speakers. My actual ss monoblocks rated at 250 watts(doubling on 4, 2,1 ohm) Class A probably are not enough: my feeling is that 7.2's eats power like no other speaker except Apogees ! Welcome to any suggestion, specially from 7.2 owners. Thanks.
luke72
Looking at your question from the amp's point of view ... Musical Fidelity's representatives at the NYC HI FI show this past May were recommending pairing their amps with Thiels. They were pairing their latest KW 500 amp with Thiels 7.2. I wasn't sold on the sound, but it was set-up in a ballroom, which is not your typical set-up.

Regards, Rich
How many hours do you have on the 7.2's? The break-in period can be relatively long and the speakers will sound just as you've described if not broken in.

If break-in is not the issue, an alternative to the big amps previously suggested is the "poor man's Krell" - Bryston 14B-SST. I had one in my system with the CS6s and was very impressed. The 14B is a 600 watt dual mono in a single chassis. Very big soundstage and incredibly low noise floor. Microdynamics abound. Nice piece of gear for half the price of Krell/Levinson.
Thank you Proberts for your advice on Bryston amps and also (even more interesting) for the break-in remark. Really I don't know for sure if the 7.2 are well broken in since they were a dealer demo... In any case how many hours are needed for a complete break-in in your opinion ? 100, 200 or more ? Best ;-)
Luke 72. If you look on page 6 of your owners manual Thiel rewcommends 50 hours a fairly loud volume. At 100 hours Thiels claims you will still notice an improvement in the sound. Hope this helps.
Proberst887 I did not have the same results as you did with the Bryston 14b-SST. At higher volume levels during extented periods of listening the amp would start to clip. I am not talking insane levels but to the level it would test the amp. I believe in one of the reviews done by Stereophile they used the mono block version 7b-SST and it clipped while auditioning the Thiel CS 7.2 I like the amp but for the Thiels it does not give it enough air to breath and test the speakers potential. That is why I am in the market for a amp to power the CS 7.2.-Peace