Thiel 3.6 and 'grounding' / insulating

I have a lovely old house with hardwood floors. I just bought a pair of Thiel 3.6. I plan to use the stabilizing pins / spikes provided with the speakers (probably put the spikes on quarters or something). My question: would it be worth my while buying a pair of thick (2 inches or so) granite slabs to put under the speakers with the spikes? Has anyone tried this and if so, what were the results? Thanks.
pvanosta
Thank you for your response. I will do some in-depth (no pun intended) testing of the bass performance with spikes on quarters. I just needed confirmation of my idea that, by adding a couple of massive slabs of granite, the bass-coupling to the floor would be diminished. I could always move the carper over to the speakers and put the slabs on the carpet, then the speakers with spikes on the slabs. Looks like I'll be shoving heavy boxes around again for a few days, hehe.
Thanks again.
Thiel 3.6's tend to have plumy bass on most any music except classical. I have found by using the brass Audiopoints from Star Sound the bass becomes more articulate with much better speed. Added benefit of cleaning up the bass is you now have a better defined midrange and more focused and quieter soundstage. If you have hardwood floors you will also need the brass coupling discs. A friend of mine was astounded by the substitution of the Audiopoints for the steel ones supplied by Thiel.
Thanks, audiotweek for your input on audiopoints. Has anyone tried sound anchors stands for the Thiel 3.6? I agree that the bass and midbass on the 3.6 could benefit from some 'tightening'. This may be a little extreme, but I also painted the insides of my thiels with a borosilicate dampening compound from Audio Concepts with excellent results. Even though the stock cabinet is very heavy, the treatment improved soundstaging and resolution and reduced the midbass 'hump' in my room. Premium high current amplification is also a prerequisite to getting the thiel's bass to behave.
Jph1 I agree with you, accoustic sealers painted on wooden panels do in fact improve soundstage and detail. I used a product available from Cascade Audio Engineering on my still somewhat Dunlavy SCIV's. What a royal pain to do, but oh what an improvement. Even better than Audiopoints are the Sistrum platforms from Star Sound they take all speakers to beyond the next level.
Thank you all for your input.
I'll be receiving the Thiel 3.6's this Friday...no sleep for me this weekend .