The synergy of Ayre a.k.a. the

I read many great reviews of Ayre components individually (including their amps, pre-amps, integrated amp, phono stage, and CD / universal players) but don't see many complete Ayre systems listed here on the 'gon. I would think there would be advantage to a complete Ayre system that is more than just a sum of the components. Sure, it ends the journey abruptly, but for some, that may not be a bad thing. Who has bought the "whole widget", found it not to be to their liking, and decided to go back to "mix-n-match" (with success)?
128x128nrenter
"In my opinion Ayre and Vandersteen have a real synergy."

This also is my opinion, though other speakers I've heard with Ayre sound pretty good, too. I've heard this from other people whose opinion I respect. This greatly influenced my decision to get the Sig IIs.
I have had the chance to spend some time in front of a system of CX-7E > K-5XE > V-5XE > Quatro. This is an awesome system that is so musical and listenable. Cables were JPS (not sure which) from start to finsh. Two others I have heard that consist of Ayre & Thiel that I like even more have been my system I'm using now, and also one that uses the C-5XE > K-1XE > MX-R amps > Thiel 2.4.
The Ayre gear and either of these speaker lines (Thiel or Vandersteen) are both very good together. Not sure about other lines but if your using the Thiel or vandersteens the Ayre stuff should be on your list for gear to put in front of them. I can also agree with one of the above posters about everytime I have added another piece of Ayre into the chain things have gotten much better. the amps are the most noticable as far as finalizing the added touches of warmth and smoothness to my system.
If there were no MX-Rs made I would stay with the Ayre V-1XE and not even think about another amp in my system. But knowing how much my CS7.2s love power, I know they will get better with the monoblocks.
I have heard the V-1XE and MX-Rs side by side with the 2.4s and they are in a different league on all fronts over the already great V-1XE. This is coming from someone who has never had an all SS system until now.(and never thought I could live with one)
I have Ayre CX-7e connected to Plinius 9200 integrated amp and these drive Totem Forrest. I wish that Ayre can offer integrated amp with high power. I need 200wpc, not 65wpc that Ayre has.
Hvu, If you could use seperates I think the K3/V3 combo (even though rated at 100wpc) would drive your Totems fine. These can be found pretty cheap used.
Ayre works wonderfully as a system...I have:
Ayre speaker cables for 3 monoblocks...with ayre interconnects...and D1xe...great combination...I was very surprized how nice the speaker cables were...my only disappointment was the Ayre power cable...with the Ayre L5xe power conditioner...otherwise great system...also worked nicely with Ayre K5xe preamp...and they are great folks...

John