The Color Of Vinyl

Getting back into Vinyl, and
I am noticing that there are a lot of Lps out there that are differant colors, pink, blue, white, and more.
I was told that sound on colored vinyl can be differant, or not as good as on good old black vinyl. Any thoughts on this?Thx. FR
frmont
not "Stan Rick" as in my post. ...Bad typo!

I also forgot to mention that the folks at RTI stressed that the differences in noise level that we were talking about when it came to carbon black, TiO2, dyes, etc. , were pretty small.

Mike
I meant to correct the typo with my last post, but apparently it didnt work.

It's "Ricker" not "Rick" [obviously]... lol

M
Here's part of an email I got from PA records-
"Please root for Karrin Allyson's "In Blue" to receive a Grammy nomination Jan 7th!
We are working on the audiophile LP release at this time. It will be available sometime next year, June or before. The 2-LP set will be half-speed mastered by Stan on HQ-180 gram BLUE vinyl.
We decided to press about 220 individually numbered BLACK copies of "Soular Energy" for black vinyl enthusiasts and direct comparisons. We have our opinions and suspicions, but what better way to put the subject of colored vinyl to bed for awhile?
Let me say that this won't be something we do again next month if they sell fast. This is just for comparison. Colored vinyl costs more, so it's a waste of you and our money if there are no sonic or physical improvements. We believe there is or we would never have used it for "Ballads".

Thanks for your time.
Dennis Cassidy
Pure Audiophile Records
Interesting to see what develops...

I have seen a few records over the years that were pressed on a vinyl that appeared just like regular opaque black records when viewed normally, but were revealed as actually being translucent dark purple when held up to a light source - you could see light and shadow through them, but if you had never done this light test, you'd have never suspected any difference. The best of both worlds? I was once told that this vinyl type (whatever it was called) is no longer produced. Any further info?...
Post removed