The best speaker you ever heard?

In my opinion, the speaker is by far the most important part of the audio system. After all, it is the only part you hear. OK, the other stuff really matters a lot, but without a great speaker... No go.

I am a bit 'speaker-obsessed' I guess, and now I am wondering: What are the best speakers you have ever heard, and what made them the best?
njonker
I've always been drawn to the 89/11 radiation pattern, and their massive power handling. The only thing they ever lacked was extreme top end, which I have solved with the EMIT mod. I own the series 2; far and away the best of the series. Fellow hi-enders who have heard my rig are invariably stunned at how good my 901's sound. The little 3-way system was sadly lost during one of several moves years ago. Thanks for asking!!!!
there is no best speaker. if there were such a thing, it would be a cone design that sounds like an electrostat, full range ribbon, or other planar magnetic speaker.

I remember the gradient 1.3. that was a wonderful speaker.
Soundwave metronomes . I cant believe the sound from these weird looking little things. I have never heard the soundwave soliloquys but I heard they were incredible too.
I heard the MBL 101e at THE show in LA and thought them one of the best for sure, although they benefited from crazy expensive electronics. Two other speakers at the show that stood out were ESP Concert Grand and Rockport Mira.