The best speaker you ever heard?

In my opinion, the speaker is by far the most important part of the audio system. After all, it is the only part you hear. OK, the other stuff really matters a lot, but without a great speaker... No go.

I am a bit 'speaker-obsessed' I guess, and now I am wondering: What are the best speakers you have ever heard, and what made them the best?
njonker
For best full scale real world speaker I give the nod to Dyanaudio for their C4's. Music is performed through these speakers in full measure and in a disarmingly natural way..no artiface, just pure unadulterated sound. I don't miss my Wilson's, B&W's, Dunlavy's or Magnapans.
Njonker: I oun a pair of Nova Evolution III speakers . They are outragious in price but nothing comes close ...Be prepaired to buy the farm but oh what a ride !
While my exposure has been limited, this topic really needs to be expanded into categories IMO:

Horn systems, bookshelf, etc.

Having said that, I do remember liking the vintage mid-70's Wharfedales. So unfair to limit it to just one.
Avantgarde Mezzo.
The basshorn will give you fast clean bass even at low listening levels.
Sound is absolutely the BEST I have ever heard.
Looks are stunning: my wife likes them, my and her friends also. So you can put them in the living room.
See what www.high-endaudio.com has to say about AG's.
Ridgestreet Audio Designs Sason LTD...perfectly coherent from ~high 30 Hz to the highest treble, deepest, most layered soundstage I've ever heard, image and tonal density beyond reproach, amazingly natural portrayal of detail...an extraordinarly expressive and communicative speaker! It doesn't go real low (2-way with 7" mid/woofer), but what it does, it does better than any other speaker I've heard. Never even missed the bottom 10 Hz. I've got my order in!!

The Avalon Eidolon Diamond with all Spectral components and over $20k of room treatment at Progressive Audio in Columbus, OH was able to soundstage and image almost as well as the Sason's, but tonally it was too lean. Substituting an ARC VT200 added a little weight to the lower midrange, but soundstaging and imaging suffered. It was a tweaked out system in a tweaked out room.

I've heard the MG20.1R's in good setups/rooms that were also very good, but I'd take the RidgeStreet Audio Sason's over anything I've heard in 20 years.