The Best Sounding Beatles CDs

Give me your opinions. To date, which are the best sounding Beatles CDs? I'm aware of the Rolltop box sets, the Original Master Reordings, the Japanese imports, The Parlaphone remasters...... But I have never heard a single one.

I have always listened to them on vinyl. I had the MFSL set, The Parlaphone Blue box set (My personal favorite), The Red Mono box set and several other versions. But I've never heard the CD versions.

Which CD versions sound the best?
128x128buscis2
The MoFis are quiet high quality vinyl. I'm not a fan of most of their releases because they sound like they have tipped up highs. I prefer any of the analog Parlophone releases. I also like the Japaness red vinyl mono issues.
"Don't own "Love" as I don't buy novelty recordings."

Well now Buscis2 will know where to go when he needs to borrow some Grey Poupon ;-)

I'm pretty sure you can get "Love" on vinyl, so you won't have to do your grinding routine. I believe it was produced and mixed as a collaboration between George Martin (The Beatles original producer) and his son Giles Martin. If I'm remembering correctly, they used all music and background sounds that were on original master tapes (nothing added outside of what The Beatles had, at some time, put on tape) - someone correct me if I'm wrong. I'll be curious to hear what you think when you hear it. Given your predisposition, you may not like it at all.

Seriously, great music is great music. What's so offensive about the notion that someone could take it and mix it into a different form to make something, well, novel? All great art is inspired or derivative of something previously created in some remote way shape or form. I can think of covers and creative use of previously recorded music to form something new that I enjoy very much (Eno/Byrne, Gavin Bryars, Laurie Anderson, The Rachel's to name a few of the later - covers being more obvious). There was a thread on Beatles covers that discussed the idea that there were covers out there that others considered a "better" performance than the original version by the Beatles. Hey, whatever floats your boat.
Buscis2

Like you I really prefer the Parlophone Box for a vinyl listening session since I don't own many of the ultra rare original Parlophones.

If forced into CD listening mode I always reach for the Japanese Parlophone CD's with the letters TOCP-5111 designation on the side of the jewel case.

For once I agree with Audiofeil regarding the Love album.
It is a sonic tour de force if you want to demonstrate your sound system and there are moments of brilliance ---but overall it pains my soul to think that such liberties can be taken with something so precious as this band.

If it makes people want to further explore the Beatles then it serves a useful purpose-----but as a long time fan I am left wondering what is next----- perhaps Yoko singing harmony on I'm a Loser ?
Agree...Love cd is stellar...too bad the Beatles current catalogue on CD is not up too snuff...how bout the RED and BLUE comps on Vinyl? Decent sound?