The Best Compliment You've Gotten On Your Rig?

My brother-in-law entered my home as jazz was playing on my system. After about three songs, the announcer came on and started to speak..and my brother-in-law looked at me with amazement.."that was the radio??!!

He could not believe he was listening to a radio station. It was my killer Sansui TU-X1 tuner doing its thing. Best compliment I could ever receive. My bro-in-law is not an audiophile.
128x128mitch4t
few very nice compliments that really made me feel very proud.

One guy kept looking around the room and asked where all the speakers war. I told him that we were listening to the 2 Dali Helicons in front of us. He kept looking around and said it sounds like you have sound coming from speakers all over the place.

Another nice comment was made by a very nice couple who were members of of Chicago musical band.... If i remember correctly, it was either a jazz or blues band. They had come to buy a pair of B&W speakers from me. They loved listening to the B&W before paying and discussed their taste in music and so forth. Before they left, I asked if they wanted to listen to my main system so we went down to my audio room. I put on ITunes so they could choose what they wanted to hear. I think they listened for about an hour. They thanked and said they had never heard music as good as this and that is was a true experience for them both. I took that as a huge complement coming from professional musicians..
I'm not sure if this qualifies as a compliment but when I was muuuuch younger I created a monster system wrapping my maggie tympani's around my bed in the front and a pair of 1.4's in the back. Then I had people sit in the middle of the bed and put on Dark side of the moon or I Robot and you should have seen the looks on their faces when they emerged from behind the screens.......Either they met God or satan but one thing was certain it had a visceral effect!!! Funny Thing is I was using a yamaha cd player and a pioneer integrated amp!! Until I crispy crittered the amp months later!
When an audiophile friend came over to listen and I asked him a few days later how he liked my system. His reply :

"I was enjoying the music playback so much that I forgot to look out for the strengths and weaknesses"

Of course source was vinyl
My dad came to visit. I put on a CD with a well-centered stereo image and he thought the sound was comming from the vents on top of my amplifier! Talk about disappearing speakers.