The best CD Player for the money

I AM IN THE PROCESS OF BUYING A CD PLAYER AND I DONT KNOW WHICH WAY TO GO.WITH SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM I WANT TO PURCHASE SOMETHING GOOD BUT I DONT WANT TO SPEND 10,000 EITHER.
jazze22
Now this thread is going on 6 yrs old! I was out of audio for a while and now I can't afford hi-end stuff, but my sense is that CD players never really got good, I mean it's strange that you can't just buy any cheapo CD player from one of the big companies and have it sound OK as you could with a tape player, for example. I guess digital sound is just too difficult for the mass market; no one has found the magic bullet to make it sound great for pennies, although not to say that someone won't some day crack it. Also I never understand why music at, say, Borders book store always sounds quite good and they say they use just 'mass market' CD players. I don't believe that.
I recommend Consonance CD-120 Linear .
I've compared to : Rotel RCD-1070 , Cambridge , NAD , CAL Tempest , Rega Planet 2000 , Shanling , Cayin and so many other cd players with cost more.
I agree with several of these folks. I have had both a Consonance cd120 and now a Marantz 17 modified by David Schulte and it competes with the very best. Don't spend a lot on the player and instead send your money to David.