TEKTON IMPACT MONITORS

I ove this speakers , on my set up they sound really very dynamic and easy to listen. Is there anyway to replace their tweeters to improve them? I do love the design of the impact.Thanks
128x128jayctoy
Rixthetricker you are fine, no need to say sorry, At times even on discussion here we get excited .At times that’s what gives life to the thread.
@jayctoy - seems to me you're a good sport, good to interact with you.
In other threads, I have mentioned the possible pitfalls of swapping out drivers into a speaker and how it may (more often than not) disrupt the linearity of the output.

Often a good design will use crossover frequencies that take into account the frequency response of the drivers themself, using strengths to hide weaknesses and breakout in response. It is truly an art to match speakers (drivers), as all are compromised in some way or nother, and to engineer the very best out of them.

In fact, it's often not the best stand alone qualities of the drivers, but the unique pairing that happen to resolve well, where blending the responses with such finesse where they actually sound as though there is no seam between them in the soundfield - that's real talent.

By swapping out a driver, perhaps an even better quality driver (sound quality, not build) it can upset the frequency response and the cohesive response of the voicing of the speaker. It's dependent on the design of course, a lesser design is less prone to losing quality sound, and well, heck there's nothing to say you can't just get lucky!
I have to believe the best upgrade would be of the crossover to higher quality components. I've experienced that making a significant difference in performance. #2 would be a cabinet upgrade. Not because there is a problem with what tekton does because there isn't. But there is generally room for improvement on any mfg cabinet. But you also need to be careful there. The cabinet design and sound absorption configuration can actually degrade the sound if not done correctly. I've considered Erics offer to me to do a Be upgrade to my Ulfs and shied away from it because I like the sound of the soft domes. Sometimes you can go one bridge too far. But I have reworked a set of Lores with new cabinets I constructed and component upgrades. They sound very, very good. So I've actually taken this path.
Post removed 
This is only my opinion but those things are the biggest crap going they look cheap they use cheap drivers and that's why they're cheap and if you think those speakers could go up against speakers three or four times the price you better get your ears checked.