Tekton haters and bashers you just got a new target!

seamaster300m

Monitor Audio has been around for well over 50 years, Tekton has not.  Monitor Audio designs its own drivers, Tekton does not. Monitor Audio has a group of designers and engineers, Tekton does not. Monitor Audio is a large corporation with $$$ for R&D, Tekton is on a shoestring budget. These two companies could not be any more dissimilar. 

This says it all.  OP just seems to be trying to stir the pot.

I agree!

Mike

They're both ugly so they have that going for them. I misplaced my giant clothespin anyone see it ?

"Monitor Audio has been around for well over 50 years, Tekton has not. Monitor Audio designs its own drivers, Tekton does not. Monitor Audio has a group of designers and engineers, Tekton does not. Monitor Audio is a large corporation with $$$ for R&D, Tekton is on a shoestring budget. These two companies could not be any more dissimilar."

For over 50 years MA never had a statement flagship product to show their technology excellency, with all that money into R&D and finally come out a similar idea like Tekon (and others, I am only talking about the array design here). That means something, Eric is a talented speaker designer, I will give him credit for that. As far as the look, the MA Concept 50 (and Tekton) are not even near as ugly as Dahlquist DQ-10 or Linkwitz speakers. I had a chance to listen to the Linkwitz system at Seattle Audio Show last month, they are one of the better room in the show (well within top 10). The best box speaker in Seattle show (to me) was Joseph Audio. Best speakers other than box design are Pure Audio Project, Spatial Audio, and Songer Audio. I was surprised the PAP were little less satisfying than Spatial due to all Pass Labs amplification that made the sound signature a little too warm sounded "seemed" less transparent and the mid bass bumped into vocal a lot (transparency should be one of the best PAP’s qualities BTW). Songer Audio was in a league on its own above others, beautiful sounding but I can’t afford them. Daedalus and Salk speakers are super nice as well, I totally don’t mind to own any of those two, Daedalus preferred due to their high efficiency. PS: the AMT drivers in the middle of the Concept 50 is very interesting.

Got to admit that both are ugly though.

Monitor Audio has been around for well over 50 years, Tekton has not.  Monitor Audio designs its own drivers, Tekton does not. Monitor Audio has a group of designers and engineers, Tekton does not. Monitor Audio is a large corporation with $$$ for R&D, Tekton is on a shoestring budget. These two companies could not be any more dissimilar. 

Monitor Audio has been around for well over 50 years, Tekton has not.  Monitor Audio designs it’s own drivers, Tekton does not. Monitor Audio has a group of designers and engineers, Tekton does not. Monitor Audio is a large corporation with $$$ for R&D,Tekton is on a shoestring budget. These two companies could not be any more dissimilar. 

Hotcha hotcha