Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
While I’m now waiting for the DI SE, I have tried quite a few amps with the DI’s to find the combo I like the best. I have borrowed some big SS amps from friends and a few different LTA amps as well. I have now tried Benchmark AHB2, Mirror Image 1.1SB, Plinius SA103, LTA MZ2, LTA ZOTL40 and the LTA mystery amp I reported on months ago when Mark loaned me his prototype. The mystery amp is the 20 watt UltraLinear. Mark has built one for me though the production model isn’t quite ready yet.

The UltraLinear is a keeper. I have never heard the DI’s sound this good. It really does sound like the MZ2 on steroids with crushing dynamics and tight bass like the best SS. There’s a creamy midrange goodness of tubes and sparkle at the top. It makes music flow so very naturally and has the blackest of backgrounds. I am really enjoying the DI’s, time to make room for the SE.

Lance
Happy New Year to everyone.

I was able to ring it in with a visit to Bob's ( @bullitt5094 ) home in the Houston area.

THANK YOU Bob for your being so kind and gracious in allowing me into your home to share your system and for accommodating me during the holidays.

I was able to listen to the Ulfberths driven by the Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 in Bob's dedicated audio and home theater room.

I'm very very impressed with the Ulfs, more than I expected to be. Have to say I'd love to have them in my system...but they are imposing. Even being familiar with them and knowing their dimensions wasn't enough to prepare me for their literal presence. A bigger sound all around. If you love and appreciate bass and room energy and lifelike imaging and soundstaging, these are a must audition. Impressive.
Happy new year to everyone.

Congrats Mac48025 and david_ten on your new DI SE.😊

I too received mine. Set it up yesterday. Initial impressions are very good.

Would like to thank teajay, mike kay, charles1dad and david_ten for their inputs and guidance 

Mac48025, do you fire the speakers straight? Are you using the one third placement principle for the SE too like you mentioned you did for the DI?

Eric suggested I fire the speakers straight or toe them out by 5-15 degrees

That had to be fun David. Thankfully the Ulfs aren't an option for me with my low ceilings as I can't afford to spend any more money on audio for a while! :)

Congrats premnath, you're in for a lot of musical fun. They are sounding better and better every day for me

I have the SE's very slightly toe'd ......probably 5 degrees or so. Placement is pretty much the same as I had the DI's. 6' o.c. and pretty close to the one third placement. I never intended the one third placement it just worked out that way. I'm a foot further back than an equilateral triangle with my listening position 7' from the speakers. In my room that placement has worked best for me but I've been experimenting with different listening positions....from 5-10' away....and I seem to come back to the 6-7' distance. 

Im still getting used to the SE's. TwIce yesterday I got up to investigate what was making noises behind me......it was the music!
Thanks mac48025. I also pretty much ended up at the one third placement position. Have you toed your speakers in or out? Eric suggested out