TAS review of Krell SACD:why?

Hi
I just bought a new TAS and saw the review of Krell SACD player.It was announced almost a year ago that this unit is being discontinued due to transport availability.I see some online stores sell them new for half the price.Am i missing something?
overhang
Krell has brought the unit back into production. The transport issues were with a Philips transport that was pretty much a disaster. One a new OEM drive was available they were able to resume production, and have been retrofitting earlier models with replacement drives if they had failed, which was my case. I have not experienced any issues with the new drive, although the TAS reviewer pointed out a couple of display anomalies.
Sdatch,how would you describe the sound differences between the transports.Was the original Philips better sounding?Thanks.
I bought my SACD player in OCT,2003. I have never experienced any problems with the transport or the display. I read several persons complaining about this problem, but I am completely baffled.
BTW, these units never sold for half the price even used ones.
Overhang,

It is difficult for me to comment on the differences in sound because I only had my unit for brief period of time before it failed. What I CAN day is that with its new drive, this is an excellent sonic performer for both redbook and SACD. And the sound is not at all stereotypical Krell - in my opinion the SACD Standard almost sounds like there's a 12AX7 somewhere in the output stage. Yet it serves up heaps o' detail. They are not cheap, but I think at $4k it more than holds its own.
I also just finished reading the new TAS review, which finally gives this player the high-praise that it deserves for its Red Book CD playback (as well as SACD). Its interesting that even in the Mfg's Comments Dan D'Agostino points out how "it was extremely important (for Krell) to produce a machine that would give exemplary performance on Red Book CDs".

As far as the differences between the initial run and the current production, both use highly-regarded Philips transports and both according to Krell sound identical, the initial display shows the track # that's playing where as the current display does not.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy a pre-owned "A Stock" Standard, even for CD only use now that the future of SACD seems uncertain at best.

BTW my Standard has performed flawlessly for nearly 2-years now.