Tact 2.0S or Tact 2.2XP

I'm looking for a room correction device to cure the bass boom I'm getting in my room.
I've CD and Digital source(Bryston BDP-1) and have external DAC and pre-amp from Bryston.
I don't have any sub-woofer and don't want to use any in future.
It will be connected through digital interface so I don't need any add on cards ... basic unit will do.
But my question is what is the difference between 2.0S and 2.2XP other than sub-woofer connectivity and PC free setup in 2.2XP.
Shouldn't I get the auto room correction and Dynamic room correction features in 2.0S? What will be the problem without those features?
Please share your views.
southwind
Samujohn, Thanks for clarifying.
Now we don't have any alternative but to go for 2.2 xp.
There is a 2.2 Mini version but not sure about the differences between 2.2 xp and 2.2 mini ..... any idea?
South,

I asked Boz this exact question about a month or so ago. He told me that the basic delta with the mini is that it was built for low cost manufacturing - less labor intensity and fewer stand-alone components. He wasn't terribly specific, but kinda sorta hinted that the biggest differences might be on the analog side.

Marty

BTW, as to Buconero's suggestion (room treatments), it's a good idea, but IME effective only above 75ish hz. If your troubles lie south of there (as mine largely did, once I deployed hemholtz resonators), there's nothing like DRC.
I find a difference between 2.2 Xp and 2.2 Mini ie xp has balanced AES/EBU input which is not present in Mini version.
For balanced connection noise floor will be low.
But I wonder what are the other differences?
I emailed to Tact couple of days ago but got no reply till to date!!
Hello Southwind- I spoke with Boz, not long ago. Some of the components he used, in the build of the 2.0, are no longer available. If you did buy one, support might be iffy, and- no, the 2.0 cannot function(perform room corrections) without a computer interface. Ditto, the RCS 2.2. The TacT mods that are most popular are from MauiMods.com(http://mauimods.com/TacTAudio.htm), and VERY simple for one to do at home(unscrew chassis top, remove old board(s) or power supply, plug-and-play). AT LEAST invest in the power supply! I've been using a 2.2 for the past few years, and with the acoustic nightmare of a listening room I have(Auralex, LENRDs and all), can't imagine life without it.
hi, i'm from italy.
i've got the tact 2.0s but i lost my cd program, so i need your help.
if someone read this post please contact me at marconi79@gmail.com
thanks to everybody