System Static Issue

Have an interesting situation in my system that I have at my work location. The system is leftovers from other upgrades but since it is used primarily as background it fullfills that quite well.

Recently, when I start it up in the mornings, while the preamp is in mute mode and volume is at 0, with no input signal, I will get a static sound out of both speakers, intermittent, but there.

I am assuming it is the tubes in pre (ARC LS17 se)

Have checked all connections and moved each (without static) to make sure that was not the problem.

Set up is used either to stream from internet or through a PSA Jr from SSD with music library on, through JRiver.

Before I get new tubes wanted to see if there are other issues I should consider.

ARC LS17se

Bedini 100/100

PSA DSD DAC Jr

Shahinian Arc

Furman Power PL Plus

128x128stevea1298

Ok, so for today I started the amp first and nothing but dead silence. Now ill turn that off and start preamp as audphile1 suggested, qallow it to warm up and take it out of mute and put back in manually and see what happens

Post removed 

Okay, apparently it has something to do with the pre as turning amp on after the pre has warmed up there was no noise (static sounds) coming from system. I guess tubes will be the first order of business...

Thanks for the suggestion guys, mystery solved

On average small signal tubes in ARC equipment lasts about 5000 + hrs.

The static could be caused by dirty tube socket/tube pins contact. You might try pulling and reinserting each tube a few times one tube at time in each socket. Usually that will clean the pins and socket contacts.

Good thought, have to check at home and see what tubes I have for the 28 & 5se, retubed them within recent memory just due to age rather than hours. They were fine when pulled.

Wish the 17se had a hour meter like the others....