symphonic Line RG4 III vs RG4 IV?

I have not heard info on this newer RG4 MKIV? any thught about it?
thanks
timchen
Overall, the mod sounds reasonable & careful.
As to changing the electrolytics -- of course: electrolytics *do* have a shelf life after all, and heat, etc, don't help them much... I've read good things about the Panasonics.

OTOH, b-gates in the signal path would/should alter the voicing somewhat; where I've used b-gates (cdp, tube amp) the sound is less "punchy" but very detailed at the same time. It's a matter of taste -- why not go for it (you can always get the modders to change to another brand if you like)!

I'd be KEENLY interested in your opinion of the sonic results -- if you go ahead!
Cheers
Gregm,

Thanks for your feedback.
Right now I'm dragging my feet on the mod, big time! I'm apprehensive that I might lose a good thing. I like the sound of the amp the way it is (it's not the be-all & end-all of amps but it's very, very good as-is). I have a feeling that a call to Klaus might be in order if I decide to go ahead w/ the modification.
I'll keep you posted.
Gregm:

Can you please tell me where did you hear the Magellans? Do you know a dealer who has them?
By the way, my friend, who owns Kraft 400 with Toshibas thinks that they are more musical then the newer ones with Sunkens .
Thanks,

George
Yes, the Toshibas are reputed to have a better midrange than the Sanken equivalents. I understand from a long-time & Symphonic Line experienced dealer that the RG 4 Mk 2 (used Toshibas) had a better midrange than the Mk 3. Oh well....
Hi George -- the Magellan i listened to were privately owned; I happened to drop in while an audition for electronics was taking place, was kindly asked to stay a bit -- and... I ended up leaving hours later! It's amazing that the guy actually moved the speakers. I would have thought that moving a few amps to his *house* would have been more practical solution...

Unfortunately, I don't know who, if anyone, has Magellans on display. Cheers