Supratek out of business

downunder
I might be just the guy to take the orphaned Dual Cabernet off some poor audiophile's hands!
I sure was happy with my Chenin over the years, since 2004.
It operated trouble free with not one hic up nor even alittle burp.
It still looks as good as the day it arrived.

For the price payed and for the delivered performance you received.

The Chenin with phonostage is most definitely in the best of best buys category....A true classic soon to be....

Even though Supratek Triode are no longer, "if" repairs are ever needed.
Any "competent" tech guy could easily do them.

Included in a short list of trust worthy skilled people you should get to know especially in this hobby , is agood tech guy and not just for repairs.
My current hifi set includes:apogee stage(spk),mentmore m-200(tube mono amp),supratek syrah and accuphase 65v cdp. you can see the first three brands have gone with wind.But I feel very happy and lucky with them. Almost every local audiophile friend,even those who own watt/puppy 7,avalon/jeff roland,ets, admirs me. A classic hifi work will exisit much longer than the manufactuer itself. As to post service, it's not a real problem at all. I'm perhaps the only supratek user in mainland china. Even if i got some problem in syrah(not any over the 5+ years),i can find a diyer friend to repair. It's simple to cure a tube gear.
So what happens now,does the value of the existing pieces appreciate or depreciate.I imagine like everything else it will be determined by supply and demand.Did I answer my own question?
I won' be selling mine! Somehow I have a feeling that will be the prevailing atitude of most owners. Mick said in the supratek thread he might make a few Chards now and again in the future, but I wouldn't hold my breathe... so I suspect ownership for some is still a possibility.