Subwoofer recommendation for Maggie 1.6 QR

Looking for some sound advice on a subwoofer for my Maggies. I want to make sure that I get something that has been proven and works well too. The Maggies sound excellent but I believe they will sound even better with a good subwoofer.
zenieth
I have been very pleased with the REL Storm. Plays very well to the Maggie's strengths.
Your Maggies will sound better, for sure, with a sub. I shopped, listened, compared may subs and wound up with the Sunfire Architectural sub. Designed for two channel listening. Front firing woofer. It's a crying shame you don't hear about this sub, enough, on the 'gon. Fast, tight, great extension, small, and very powerful. A jazzman's delight. They have the Architectural Signature, too. 12" rather than 10" woofer. Can be found nicely discounted. Lists for $1400. I love mine. happy hunting. warren
A pair of Vandersteen 2Wq subs. I currently use this with my MG 3.6R. If space is an issue, you may also consider the Definitive Tech Super Cube. I have heard this sub with the 1.6. Very close to the performance of the Vandersteen. Have fun experimenting...
If the room is small, I suggest the Velodyne SPL-800. Larger rooms go with the SPL-1000 or 1200. I tried many and the SPL's sounded and integrated the best. I wasn't surprised to see Magnapan uses a pair of SPL-800's in their surround muic system. I use a single with great results.
Good Luck,
Curt
I can second the REL Storm recommendation from Kinsekd. I use a REL Storm III and have been very pleased with the results. By the way, I run the MG 1.6 QR in full range and use the REL Storm III to augment from about 35hz and below. One great thing about the REL Storm III is that you can choose to run your main speakers in full range or restrict the low frequencies to the main speakers and ask the REL Storm III to handle all low frequencies.

Good luck.