Stylus force digital scales

Digital scales from Clearaudio and others range from $200-500. Amazon has 'em for $20. Why cant I use one of these instead and save big bucks?
tbromgard
Dougdeacon, thanks that is something I have not thought about. I have confirmed on my el cheapo digital force gauge that it does measure the correct weight despite the attractive force by zeroing with the cartridge on the platform, and then lifting the cartridge away, and it gives the exact negative reading of the force I set in the first place. The magnets on my Lyra are unbelievably strong and I'm sure the force on the suspension during measurement is not good for the suspension...finally a reason to never measure with a gauge that is magnetic, and a compelling one!!
according to my new digital force gauge my loading was heavy by over .25 grams. it made a substantial improvement when I decreased the weight. I previously used an ortofon scale which was difficult for me to get a good reading. cheers
I was setting up my clear-audio with a Steve Blinn Digital and ended up with better results using the clear-audio included manual gauge. Go figure like Jinpitsburgh said.
Beautiful! If you are fond of contemporary products I'd advise checking the following link: http://www.medicalexpo.com/medical-manufacturer/platform-scale-608.html. Hope you enjoy it!
The Winds ALM 01 is the best good to 100th of a gram.I once had a $50.00 one it was junk it depends on how good a table,arm and cart you have.