Stuck in a Rut

Over the past 30 odd years I have been mostly listening to Rock (Led Zep, Pink Floyd, Bowie and all of the other great British and American bands.
I have also been listening to Jazz (Davis, Brubeck, Chet)
and assorted other Jazz artists.
For classical I love Betthovan's 7th and Tchaikovsky final symphony as examples.
But I know that there other great albums not only in the Rock, Jazz and Symphonic categories but in international ones as well. I would appreciate any suggestions not only on Rock, Jazz or Classical but also on any other category which is not lite but great.

Thanks...
henry_10023
All the above are great. Try doing a A/B comparison of Nick Drake's 'Pink Moon' to Beck's 'Sea Change' - Drake reincarnate.....30 years later. (warning: not for the already depressed). :-)

Also try these:

Jazz:
Carlton Rittenour: Larry & Lee
Miles Davis - In A Silent Way

Rock:
Lou Reed - Magic & Loss
Radiohead - Kid A

Blues:
B.B. King - Blues on the Bayou
Ronnie Earl - Guitar Virtuoso Live in Europe

Classical:
Arvo Part - Te Deum
Mahler - 1st

Ambient:
Brian Eno - Apollo
Harold Budd - The Pearl

Electronica:
Moby - Play
Patrick O'Hearn - Indigo

Great Storytelling:
Tom Waits - Mule Variations
Stan Ridgway - Mosquitos

Enjoy!
CD
Oops - could also add these epics:

The Clash - The Clash, London Calling
XTC - Nonsuch, Skylarking
Peter Gabriel - Security, Passion
Talking Heads - Fear of Music
Psychedelic Furs - Psychedelic Furs
we have similar music tastes (and i think the same zip code if that's your zip in your name...), here are some of the musicians i listen to when i need a change

this is just off of the top of my head...since i'm sitting in my cube at work and am trying to visualize my cd collection through the hum of the flourescent lights...

international music, you must try something by Fela Kuti - "Zombie," "Beast of No Nations," or "Shakara" are all great places to start. If you're not familiar w/ Fela's music, you're in for a treat - driving horns and beats - a combo of jazz, rock, reggae, protest music....just make sure you find fela and not his son, femi kuti

i find myself listening to more and more johnny cash and willie nelson - soulful country, unlike the junk on the radio today. these guys are real men.

sometimes i like to listen to some female vocals to wind down after a long day...for this, try joni mitchell "blue" or "court and spark," eva cassidy "live at blues alley," nina simone...

I've always liked schubert's 9th symphony for classical - great build up, powerful and beautiful

allman brothers "live at filmore east" really gets me pumped up, as does springsteen's "born to run"...though you probably already have those in your collection...

i'll keep thinking
one more from fela kuti - perhaps my favorite "original suffer head"

also, maybe some tom waits - start with "small change" or "blue valentine"
Some areas of music that you might consider are Baroque as suggested by Easy E and another is Bluegrass. You can find some pretty jazzy Bluegrass stuff (Dave Grissman, Sam Bush, Bela Fleck, and others) The jazzier bluegrass is easier to start on because of the little or no vocals, which can throw a lot of people off. Almost any acoustic music is a good change of pace and sounds better as you increase the quality of your system.

listen to it all