Step up from NAD PP2

Ok, so in the 500 or less category..
Moon LP phono?
Rega Fono?
Jolida?

To pair w/ Funk Vector, Rega RB300, Benz Micro MC and NAD 320 BEE thru B&W 602 S2's...
128x128britishmuzik
Excellent food fo rthought and many thanks to KBARKAMIAN for his input re. 320 BEE too...The NAD may well be next---I had loved ARCAMs back in the day (Alpha 8 etc)...
First though I will investigate the phono stages!
:)
I really liked my 320BEE. I sort of regret selling it, as I could have used it for a second system some day. Paired up great with my PSBs (also sold off), and it sounds great with your B&Ws. I sold it to help pay for my B60, so not too much regret though.

There's a lot better out there. It'll cost a good bit more, but it'll show you what a great vinyl setup you have. I really like the Funk tables.
-Let me ask you Kbarkamian-And I appreciate all the excellent info here- What might be a good used integrated bargain here in A'gon? I see REGA Brios and Arcam A70s going for 400-500 region.....
The Arcam has a MM phono stage I believe....I cant help wondering-if I am spending 300-400 on a used phono stage -say Moon/ Pro-Ject / etc etc
Would I be better off spending say 500 or 600 on a whole new (or used as it were!) Integrated with a built in phono?
I felt the old Arcam Alphas were great-I like a decent amount of weight to the sound-do not like anything sounding thin..(I am actually a bassist by profession..!)
Any thoughts from anyone gratefully received-I like the Funk table too!
Cheers
R
I have owned plenty of int. amps over the yrs. (Brio 3, B-60, Arcam 10 and 7, Nad 302/314 and many more.) How good of a built in phono stage depends. A stand alone phono pre-amp in many cases will sound better. But you have the simplicity...If you like Arcam go for Alpha 7/8/9/10. I'm using an Alpha 7 right now w/my Krix Symphonix spks. and it drives them very easily and sounds good. I believe they are a step up, but let me say my little Nad 302 is a wonderful amp! The Alpha 7 is better though. I'd say still get a seperate phono pre-amp unless you're considering a B-60 w/built in phono stage. The Rega is nice as well. Arcam Alpha's do come up for sale here and you may want to wait for one to come up for sale. The little Creek 8 I mentioned previously for sale would be a nice unit to try and see how it would compare w/the NAD. You could always resell and lose very little and gain experience. Bill.