Spectron Audio Out Of Business?

Hi All,

Has anyone had any contact with Spectron Audio over the last few months? I have an amp of theirs that needs repair and it seems they do not answer emails or either of their phones. You can’t even leave a phone message.

Can anyone out there suggest a technician in Los Angeles who might be able to repair a Spectron Musician amp?

Thanks.
128x128brettmcee
@geordidog  Bob,  Thank you for running over to Manh's place.  I almost went to work for John and wish that I had back then in 2009. I would have preserved his legacy.   I remember he was working on that 8000w design.  Maybe Manh is using it to launch missiles, lol.  I have a near flawless black MIII MKII and one channel works perfectly.  Paired with another amp with 1 ch working, and the other disabled it would be an incredible amp because each 1 ch power module would have it's own discreet transformer.  So... does anyone out there want to buy my amp?  or sell me their 1ch MIII MKII?  maybe we can also sell the power modules of the channel that is not functioning for parts to repair other owners amps.  I am open to all suggestions.  I live in Orange County CA
I own 2 musician 3 Mk2 amps - ran them in mono, both have been boxed up for a couple years - now running Theta Prometheus monos.  Obviously, can’t get anything near what I paid for them and am willing to sell both at steep discounts.  

Would like to pick up this conversation again. I had been a very happy owner of the Spectron Musician III Mk2 SE till one channel died on me a few weeks ago. Looks like it is impossible to have the amp repaired and even the used ones are very hard to find nowadays.  For replacement, I wonder if the current generation of Class D amps are just as good or better, e.g. Purifi 1ET7040SA  or GaN FET based amps. Any thoughts?  

I, too, have a Spectron with unserviceable channel.  I originally bought 2 of the Musician III Mk2 amps with Bybees.  One had a channel go out and sent whole amp to Spectron back when.   Less than two years later that channel again went out.  I was in email contact then, 2015, with Manh, and was going to send in the channel.   He had suggested I swap locations, which I did and amp again worked for a time before the problem module again went out.   When I tried to reach Manh, Spectron was done.   I have kept this "paperweight" in case my other Spectron has a similar problem and could use the working module on the amp not in use.  

I was reviewing my correspondence with Manh and recall that I had some issues reinstalling the pins from the module back into the amp.   I now wonder whether something like Caig DeoxIT cleaner/conditioner might prove helpful for some of these channel problems. I also recall there was a period of time recommended to allow the capacitors to discharge.   I remember doubling that period before opening the amp.   I did get a significant arc that scared the ++++ out of me.   I let the damn thing sit another 30 days before going in again.