Spectral audio today

Hi guys, been a Spectral fan in the early 90s but couldn't afford the gear at the time.I'm wondering how good are the latest Spectral pre-power compared to much more recent top SS brands like Gryphon, CH Precision, Dartzeel, Soulution, Audionet, Boulder, D'agostino, Burmester and so on.Is Spectral still competitive vs modern high end brands ?It is very difficult to audition Spectral gear as they have very little distribution now days.Thanks.
128x128thieliste
Friend

All of those brands are top notch and would more than likely give you different presentations more than one besting the other.  That said, since satisfaction with Audio Equipment is so subjective - it will be vital to audition before purchasing. 

Unfortunately, with the COVID affecting most business areas - the Audio shows will be postponed until a later date to be determined at a later date.  In my opinion this leaves the customer with a reduced pool of products depending on where he or she lives.

So far, the best tool other than flying all over the country is Youtube; and from that tool I find D'Agostino Amplifiers to have the best sound quality.  Would it be nice to hear it in person?  Yes!!  But in light of the current circumstances - that would be my choice if I had to choose without the benefit of an in person Audition.

Check out the D'Agostino Classic Amplifier; very nice.

Studio1
@studio1  Yes with Covid the best way is to drive many hours for an audition.For Spectral it will be a 6 hours drive for me same for Audionet audition.I have already done the job for CH Precision, Dartzeel, D'Agostino, Gryphon and Ypsilon.Right now i need to know if the latest Spectral gear is still capable of competing against the above brands.If some of you have heard the latest DMC 30SV DMA 300SV combo please share your experience.