Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
I have bought my apogee calliper signature in 1991 and have no intention to change them. I have bought new pre,new turntable ,arm ,cartridge,cable...but each time i go in a high end hifi show ,i think i don't miss anything at home. I listen primarily to opera ,oratoiro, lyric...and have at home a natural sound fantastic on voices which let me imagine i am at concert. So i buy a lot of vinyl second hand at the moment.
Next improvement on the speaker will be a refurbishing with Graz parts from Australia and i think i shall keep them for another 20 years
Kinetic Audio - a pair of STAT satellites & a pair of TRAPEZOID subwoofers...rolloff customized by Mr. Karlson himself...bought in 1981 and still going strong. Changed the Walnut finish to Black myself. They are now ONE of a KIND.
I have a set of AR-3a's I bought in 1969 and still have the invoices. In my opinion, speakers should be "transparent." These always have been and continue to be. I have located a set of AR-9Ls in pristine condition. It will be interesting to add these to our "family".

Note this from Wikipedia website on AR.

"In the early 1960s, AR conducted a series of over 75 live vs. recorded demonstrations throughout the U.S. in which the sound of a live string quartet was alternated with echo-free recorded music played through a pair of AR-3s. In this “ultimate” subjective test of audio quality, the listeners were largely unable to detect the switch from live to recorded, a strong testament to Acoustic Research's audio quality.

These "old" acoustic suspension speakers are "life time." And if they'll still do this...and they will...what else would you want a speaker to do?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acoustic_Research
Thomas Edison used to invite people to presentations where he had a singer and orchestra. At some point they would walk off stage while the music continued. People would be shocked that it was not a real concert. People cannot hear.
FROM WIKIPEDIA:

"In the early 1960s, AR conducted a series of over 75 live vs. recorded demonstrations throughout the U.S. in which the sound of a live string quartet was alternated with echo-free recorded music played through a pair of AR-3s. In this “ultimate” subjective test of audio quality, the listeners were largely unable to detect the switch from live to recorded, a strong testament to Acoustic Research's audio quality."