Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
My first hi end speakers, EgglestonWorks Fontaines, have been the cornerstone of my system since 2005. Since their arrival I have yet to hear a speaker I'd prefer as their replacement. Many I've enjoyed, but none as replacement. So for me, by default, I guess I'll have to say, happily, the Fontaines. They require a sub (better two) but I have yet to hear a speaker do voice and piano better.
I had the PSB Status Golds for several years. I miss them, and for the price they can't be beat. I went on to Energy Veritas v2.8's (better, but twice the price), and am now into Totems (a whole different ball game). The Golds, are rolled off at the top end, and the bass is a little floppy, but the music flows, and they are a joy to listen to. You will be chasing your tail if you try to upgrade - just keep them and enjoy.
I listened to KLH model 5's and 23's for 32 years and liked what I heard. I bought ribbons (soundline SL-2's) 8 years ago and will never go back to a boxed speaker. I have been auditioning Maggies and will be setting up my system around them.
Post removed 
Hey, Grant! I'm glad to hear that you've found a speaker that pleases you. May you now go forward with musical enjoyment and bliss. And all the people said... (o: