Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
The Coincident Pure Reference Speakers have just recently been introduced . They are the best speakers I've ever heard . I bought them and urge you to have a listen because they're great .
Still using my Kef 104 large bookshelves (with bass radiator), and they continue to sound neeeearly as good as the best bookshelves out there. But they're relegated to the basement office, because there IS better, for example, the powered Mackie HR 824s, which I've mated with my Sharp 1080p set (also in the basement).

The main speakers for sound are now the Proac Presponse SC 1s. But are they a whole lot better than the above? I'm not sure.
I first read about Spendor speakers in Studio Sound , a British pro audio mag in 1973. I ordered 2 pr of BC 1s and have used either them or the SP 1s ever since, along with other models. I was a dealer for them for several years. They are still my choice, although I also like B&W, Apogee and others. Speakers are a very personal choice and depend on what music we listen to and how we listen to it.