Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
The Dunlavy V's. It is my 10 th year and I see no need to replace them.

Agreed! That is the mark of a great speaker. No more Merry-Go-Round for you. No need to own the latest styles or hyped models....no need to keep up with the Jones' ...it will just be different, more trendy ( more magazine "ooohs and Ahhs" ), more precious materials, but rarely, if ever, can you do much better buying this years model versus a proven classic! Learning when to stop! Recognizing when the poor sound quality is the bad mix/master from the studio and NOT YOUR GEAR...is the first step to keeping gear for life.

If the DAL V's were an SUV then it would be a "Land Cruiser"....who needs the latest Cadillac Escalade or Land Rover just to get more cup holders!
For the last 30 years I have owned and loved my Rogers LS 3/5a's with a pair of Satterberg subs. Many preamps, head amps and amplifiers have come and gone there way but these have remained. Only recently did I decide to sell those and buy a new set of speakers. I have picked those out and will not look back probably for another 30 years. Buy well my old speakers sold for 3 times what I purchesed them for. My new ones will do the same.
I owned a pair of Cerwin-Vegas for about 7 years before I sold them to a friend who was obsessed with them (he is a real basshead and CV fanatic). I do regret selling them, and if he ever sells them again, I'll take them back. They are incredible speakers. For the money there is nothing else like them (at least in the UK). Perhaps in the US JBL sold something similar? It's still my dream to bi-amp a pair of 1515s with Graaf OTL200 poweramps =)

Speakers I'd never let go of would include B&W Nautiluses, N800Ds, Sony APM-8s, Sony GR-1s, Sony SR-R10s, Yamaha NSX-10000s, Yamaha GR-1s, Technics SBM1/3s, Technics SBM10000s. You get the picture - statement speakers that are probably impossible to find yet are good enough to give a lifetime of pleasure. Now, if I had to choose from that list...
KEF 104.2
Paid $1700CDN brand new back in '85
(Wish they were the bi-wireable version but such is life)