Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
Von Schweikert VR-8. At 1000lbs for the pair this figures in there as well as bringing the concert home.
I just acquired a Golden Tube Audio MK-II integrated amp. I too have had my Celestion speakers forever. Since this is my first tube amp, does anyone have any experience with Celestion speakers and tube amps of 50 watts? I was thinking of selling my Celestions for a newer set of more effiecent speakers.

Any thoughts or suggestions on how difficult a load the celestions put on a tube amp.

Also any recomendations for a new set of monitor speakers under $1000?
I love my Martin Logan SL3's. Who says they cant ROCK. Hook em up to a couple of Rouge Audio 150 mono blocks and a Rel subwolfer.....Great. Had them 10 years. Going to replace the panels when I buy a house.
These Jadis Eurythmies have been in my system for a three years now and I have no desire to change. Are they the most accurate transducers out there? Almost certainly not. Do they make beautiful music? You betcha.