Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
Apogee Scintillas with the new H20 Ice module digital amplification by Henry Ho. Musicians are in the room! I have not heard anything better!
I have always had a love affair with full range planar and electrostatic designs. There are two Magneplanars I regret selling out of the 8 pairs I have owned. Both the Magnepan SMGA and MGLR1 had an emotional impact on my that I could have hung onto for life if I had realized that it doesn't get much more emotionally involving. There are better speakers than these - but if a speaker moves you, regardless of its weaknesses, then you have found a good one.
Magnepan MGIIIa. I owned them for 8 years and had to sell them because they did not fit into my listening room when I moved to a new apartment. They are truly one of the best values in a high end speaker. Wonderful for jazz and classical afficionados. I would consider buying the MG3.6R now, if only I had the room in my home. The best scenario would be to have a large dedicated listening room to really get the most out of these speakers without having to compromise on placement.
I have owned Magnepan MGIIIa since 1991. If you have a very large room and the proper amplification (lots of power) then these may be the speakers for you. I think the current version is 3.6. The ribbon tweater is fantastic.
Thus, a great value, but you need to spend some $$ on the amplification.