Speakers for NAD C370

I am looking at upgrading to new speakers for my system. I currently have a Nad c370 and Nad 521I cd player. I know a
lot of you have this amp and would like to know what you are
running for speakers
There are so many choices out there, I am a bit lost on this
Thanks!
abbeydog
I have the NAD C270/C160 combination (which is what you've got tucked inside one box in your C370). I bought Paradigm Studio 60v.3s about a month ago. They're notoriously slow to break in, but now I believe they're there. The sound is delicious...clearly articulated highs, life-like mid range, more than ample, tight, musical, bass. I listen to a lot of jazz, vocalists, and bluegrass. Dave Grissman/Jerry Garcia's HDCD of the same name sounds like they're playing right here, right now. (I'm using NAD's C541i cd player.) My audio system is located in my home office a room of approx. 20' x 20'. The placement of furniture/bookcases (I'm a book collector with lots of glass doored bookcases), my desk, credenzas, etc. pretty much dictates the placement of my speakers near walls. A slight toe-in to the speakers makes my normal desk chair seating position a perfect sweet spot. More surprising, though, is the width of the sweet spot. The soundstage varies, of course, as I move about in the room; but it's always there. I'm using Cobalt Cables for the speakers which were a huge improvement over my ten year old Monster cable.
Silvrmn, thanks for your reply. It sounds like you are very happy with your set up. The Paradigm line seems to pop up often teamed with the Nad equipment with good reports all around.
I opted for Green Mountain Europas and I have about 50 hrs.
on them at this time. Will be posting my impressions here on Agon soon.
My understanding on the preamp section of the Nad c370 is that it is a little less sophisticated then your full pre-amp. My amp here is very dynamic but I feel a little lacking in detail, air and transparency. One review of the c370 bypassed the pre section and ran the power amp with a high quality tube pre amp with markedly improved results.
I understand the 541i is a big improvement on the 521i that I am using here. Especially so on the HDCD discs as you have noted. Like you I replaced my 23 year old speaker cables. I am using the Signal cables ( double runs), and that with the Europas just pour the music out into the room. Honestly the dynamics of the system can be quite staggering in my 12x22x8 foot room.
More on that a little later.
Thanks again and, enjoy!
i used the linn katan with the NAD C370 and its sound great.i try the dynaudio countor 1.1 and they just sound terrible.the most important thing is to trust your EARS and try the speakers in your room without somebody else influence.GOOD LUCK!
Hi! I'm using for my NAD C370 a pair of MAGNAT VINDAGE 350 and they sound great it is a big speaker whith a wide responce 20Hz-35KHz very impresive when hearing dynamic musik but also sensitive and sweet when you hear slow songs i have them conected whith a sony cdp 930 QS and i m using
good but not very expencive PRO EL cables. Hlias.Greece