Speaker Selection with "difficult" room

Newbie here. Looking for recommendations regarding speakers for a 23ft by 17ft room with 1926 concrete stucco walls, oak wood floors, French windows on one side and dining room on the other side. I realize this is the challenge from hell but don't want to get into equipment from which I cannot get optimal performance due to the poor acoustics of this room. Any suggestions are appreciated regarding speakers and/or power processing.
joe22ny1
What is your Budget?

And what type of speaker do you want?
(i.e. Planer, electrostatic, dynamic, floorstander, bookshelf, full range, etc...)

What type of music do you listen to primarily?

What equipment are you using, (or planning on using), with these speakers?
(Especially the amplifiers.)

We need a lot more information in order to give you decent suggestions.
If you have poor room acoustics, there are no standard components that will provide optimal performance. The room acoustics will prevent this.

However, to get close to optimal performance my suggestion would be to acquire a component with digital room correction. I use a Lyngdorf DPA-1 digital preamp (they make an integrated amp with room correction also). In my large weird room I am extremely pleased with its ability to turn my "poor acoustic environment" into a very-good to excellent acoustic space. In my view, it's performance is extraordinary.

Alternately you could spend a ton of money on bass traps and other passive room correction devices that will cost more money and your wife will hate. Best of luck to you.
Yes. Sorry.
Budget is $5000 for speakers.
Floorstanding speaker.
Now have Onkyo TX-8211 integrated amp. but this can change if needed and budget as well.
Music is mostly alternative, rock and jazz.
Have listened to B&W CM-90 already but not sure if that is an underwhelming choice for this space.
Thank you.
A few thoughts....

You might want to go with a speaker with a soft dome tweeter (ie., a slightly rolled off top end). It will be tough for you to control the high frequencies in that room, so anything 'brightish' will be hard on the ears.

You definitely need a floor stander to fill the room, but I'd be inclined to re-look at the Onkyo, you'll need a tight grip on the bottom end to keep it in check. So maybe something with some really high quality power (100wpc+), and a fairly efficient speaker.

Tons of choices on specific brands, really a personal preference.