Speaker problem

Hi guys, i need a little help here
I have a center channel speaker that is probably defective
It is turning off the amp channel.
I was first using a yamaha receiver to play with an amplifier
The amplifier channel was going off when i increased the volume up
I tried changing the speaker cables - did  not work
Tried changing the channel - using the center speaker as a front channel - the amplifier was always turning off regardless the change following the center speaker channel
I am curious as what it may be.
A crossover? A drive unit? How do I check what the problem is since I don't get support where I live
afmartucci
With the tweeter and woofer each having separate inputs, you should be able to check each’s network, by(with volume all the way down/jumpers removed) connecting your speaker cable to one pair of binding posts(red/black) at a time and barely/very slowly bringing the volume up. See if either driver has any sound. I’m guessing, you don’t own an ohmmeter.
Do any of your speaker wires run under a carpet? I’ve seen many cables shorted(their insulation crushed), after being stepped on repeatedly.
I do have a multimeter. I can test that. Wiring only the midrange and the Tweeter and then the bass. Do you want me to test the resistance while playing? 
No, it is not over the carpet. It is on the furniture. No, it does not make any sound before it goes down.
Remove all wires from the HTM2(jumpers and from the amp), and check from red to black, one binding post pair at a time, multimeter set on, "Ohms". If one pair shows a short, or- very low impedance, you’ve found your issue and can stop. See what you get there, before trying the woofer and tweeter, connected individually to the amp(one at a time). REMEMBER: volume all the way down, and barely/slowly bring it up, especially when trying the tweeter.