Speaker Pairing With Amplifier

Hello everyone! Just joined. I recently just bought a pair of MartinLogan Motion 35XTi speakers and I’m enjoying them, however my amplifier is... A bit lackluster for them. I’m running a Technics SA-R230 AVR from the late 80s, it has enough power, but it’s just not driving them to the full potential.

I’m thinking if I go vintage of getting a Harman Kardon Citation 12, or going modern and getting a PM6007 or PM7000N. Maybe a Rega io, was curious if anyone has some real world experience with good pairings for ribbon tweeter speakers. They can be a bit... Picky.

Wondering if anyone has any recommendations to go with?

Thanks everyone and I’m happy to be here.

128x128astal

OP what is your budget? I used to own Martin Logan quest. They love Krell , you can find them used.

So it is an AVR, a very old one with a composite input and output, the only reason I'm using it is because MartinLogan claims compatibility with 8 and 6 ohm amps with the 35XTis, and I owned it already, I picked it up a bit ago for $25 or so, and for that it was worth it, but it's still cheap.

So my budget is well, low as possible, but $500-$1000. I just got the MartinLogans, I like the AMT tweeters in them.

I'll look into some Rotel or NAD or Krell stuff, I can't afford the Parasound even on the used market. The other thing I was thinking of was a Scott 299.

The only way I would go with something more expensive is something like a NAD C700 since it has a digital streaming section and all that which is convenient as I don't need another box for it.

I appreciate all of your guy's time.

I’m looking around, would a NAD C368 with a BluOS card be a good thing to grab? I can grab them just under $1000 used, I can find them cheaper looking around for cheaper. Class D doesn't bother me as long as it sounds good. Also the MDC expansion is interesting to me although maybe a gimmick.

NAD C368 > Safe and Sound HQ. has one with warranty for almost half price.

Sounds like I found my answer. NAD C368 from SafeandSound

I'm ordering some other stuff from them as well so I'll bundle it all.