Speaker choice for Yamaha RX-V1900. Need help :-

Hello all!

I just bought the rx-v1900 and am looking to upgrade my front speakers as well! Need musical speakers since I'll be spending most of my time listening to music (but I am gonna want the surround for my movies, that's why I didn't go for a hi-fi setup). Have auditioned the B&W 683 vs. the Dali Ikon 6, but not on my Yamaha though. It hasn't arrived yet.. Liked the 683s better. Thought they had a lot more punch to them although the Ikon 6 had a more open and "airy" sound. But still thought that the 683s offered a more complete package.. And taken into consideration that surround amps often sound a little bright the 683 might be a good choice????

Anyway, the reason for this post is that I'm looking for anyone who has experience with pairing the rx-v 1900 (or any of it's siblings...) up with a nice set up stereo speakers! What brands go well with Yamaha? Are there any guidelines? Should add that my budget is limited to around £1000. Any suggestions?

It will be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

David
d3qu
I got rid of my unit. It should say right on the back near the speaker terminals? Or, read the manual. Yamaha has always been "whimpy" with impedance.
Elevick: I have not received it yet. But I haven't been able to find that information anywhere??? Do you by any chance have ideas for a stereo speaker that would fit the Yamaha well?? Or links to relevant threads. ANYTHING is helpful!;)

Thanks for replying!:)