Speaker Cables? why all the hype for expensive speaker wire?

After listening to many speaker cables, I am listening to basic 14 Gauge, high purity copper speaker wire and find myself shaking my head.  Does this basic speaker wire sound better than cables many times the price?  I am really starting to ponder that question.  I think I am hearing things on my records I never heard before and better balance of sound.  What are your thoughts?
tzh21y
Post removed 
I have no dog in this fight (debate), but I'll simply say that, in my recent experience, a change in cables in my system has been transformative by every measurable listening metric:  range, soundstage, imaging, etc.  We are very active listeners, virtually daily, so we are very tuned into to the sonic dynamics we've come to expect from our 2-channel system for the last four+ years from our originally installed (reputable) cables.  Our recent upgrade to new speaker and power cables has been the qualitatively best investment we could have made.  In short, I now know that cables matter!
...ah, yeah, we need names here.  I upgraded to Synergistic Research Foundation cables for speakers and for power to Golden Ear Triton One speakers with powered subs from standard Transparent 12-2 cables with bricks at the speaker end.
" Wow, now that’s a heaping bowl of word salad! "

Well in an alternative universe my doppelganger writes clap trap for fine audio gear. Sometimes we have a partial mind meld.
  By the way, inquiring minds want to know why you left the word solipsism out of your quote