SPEAKER CABLE OR INTERCONNECT

I am planning to upgrade my speaker cable and interconnect to the HIJIRI cables but budget is a constraint I can do one cable at a time.

So my friends which cable should be my first purchase the speaker cable or the interconnect.

Thanks

jasbirnandra

Everybody here who are trying to help thank you.

The cables I currently use are not bad but I am looking for more depth and they are here feeling and more air like phantom images in front of you.

Do no waste money as i some time did - Try for free trial Ice age audio OFC series

speaker cables and interconect before buying expensive stuff.

You will be surprised like i was.

How would one define the difference in sound of  SLC million and HCS speaker cable.

Deciding cable change priority can be a tough one, as there are likely many variables. That said, as ArgentPur.audio for almost three years, I can report that EVERYONE who has demo'ed my speaker cables has remarked re their substantial improvements. (For that I'm grateful.) But maybe only 60% of IC changes were very noticeable...I think due to the inherent impedance mismatch contiuum among front end components. As a result, I recommend getting the amp-speaker transducer dialed in carefully first. If your amps are fine, and you've gotten the loudspeaker/room to play well, you can then decide if improving res and detail upstream via a better source component or DAC is as important as changing out ICs. I am certainly NOT going to suggest that you spring for a premium solid pure silver IC (like mine!) if you're using a low-res DAC or midrange front end.  That's why a careful consult is required, knowing your complete system, speakers, room, budget, and tastes. Good luck.

Good evening.  Thought I'd share that I have Hijiri HCS or both ICs and speaker cables (not called HCS but it's the equivalent quality).  I found the IC had a more profound impact than the speaker cable between my dad and my SET tube receiver from New Audio Frontiers.  I tested multiple scenarios to come to that conclusion. These comparisons include all of Hijiris higher end ICs and speaker cables, the Million line, and a bunch of other cables.  I'm happy to share specifics so feel free to reach out.  Also. Colin King at Gestalt Audio knows these products very well and I highly recommend him and his perspective.