Spatial Coherence

Does anyone here, beside me, own a Spatial Cohernece Preamplifier?

Just curious,
128x128spatialking
Thanks Evan, I forgot about this post until tonight. I will check out the vibes and see where they are coming from. it will be on the M/B somewhere, the valves are epoxied and completely microphonic proof.

RobertD
I've just acquired the Phoenix modified by Steve McCormack "Mod Squad".It's coming in Moday,It has a separate power supply.Looks kinda beat,but hopefully some cleaning would help.It looks like there may have been an issue in the power supply box...hopefully it's fixable!
We just serviced one of these and I spent quite a bit of time talking to the new owner and Steve McCormack. It was quite a project but the results were excellent. You can read the article we wrote here: http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?aamps&1433915179&&&/The-Phoenix-Spatial-Coherence-preamp

If you want a copy of the original article please send me your email. Steve McCormack spent a lot of time explaining the amplifier and the upgrades. There are lots of pictures. Some of the changes included new grounding configurations, capacitors, and gain settings. The results were amazing.

Best Regards,
Stephen Pappin
Clifton Audio
Thanks for the wonderful restoration on my Phoenix Steve!
The cosmetics are perfect and the old girl can sing!Amazing clarity and really opened up the mids and highs.I've a very unacoustical listening area but this unit fills the area with perfect balance of base mids and highs. I'm still getting used to hearing guitarists fingers sliding down strings and frets, chairs scraping in the studio...just a silly quiet unit.
Anybody with a Spacial Coherance Pre I would seriously recommend these mods by these fine gentleman!(no affiliation)
Thanks Again!
Tony
Thanks Tony! I'm very pleased to hear that you are enjoying your restored and improved Phoenix preamp. It was a fun project to get involved with and really took me down memory lane. The TFET-Valve modules have proven to be remarkably reliable and are still working today without any apparent loss of performance some 35+ years after they were made. Rebuilding the rest of the preamp to a more modern standard reveals a unit that still holds its own with some of the best of today's equipment. Kudos to Steve Pappin of Clifton Audio for his excellent restoration work.

Congratulations on finding and restoring a fine piece of gear. Have fun and enjoy your music!

Best regards,

Steve McCormack
SMc Audio