SOTA vs VPI (or stick with my Rega?)

I currently have a Rega Planar 3 (2016) with a Dynavector 10x5 that suits me and my record collection (mostly reggae, afrobeat, and jazz) but have been thinking about a turntable upgrade as my vinyl collection continues to expand.

Initially, I considered just a simple Groovetracer subplatter and upgraded counterweight, but am not sure if that is worthwhile. So now I've expanded the search to include a used SOTA Sapphire V or used VPI Prime/VPI Classic. I like the Rega's "PRAT" and no-nonsense design, but would be interested in getting more detail and cleaner, deeper bass out of my vinyl.

Any suggestions/advice/thoughts and alternatives welcome. THANKS!
For reference, my system consists of a Hegel H-160, Vandersteen Treos (non CT), Rega Planar 3, LFD Phonostage LE, and Dynavector 10x5. 
gritter2
Thank you all for the input/recommendations. I do enjoy my current Rega (2016 Planar 3) and wonder if the step up to RP8 + Dynavector 20x2 will be the sweet spot. 

I had a chance to hear the VPI Prime, and did not like the sound compared to the Rega. There is a used Acoustic Signature WOW XL in the mix, but wont be able to audition it before purchasing, which concerns me. 

If anyone has experience with the WOW XL would be interested to hear your thoughts! Thanks. 
Buy another Rega...Install a Groovetracker subplatter...Listen to records...Zenjoy life...
I'd say pursue the Rega RP-6, as it offers a better tonearm, and subclass. As far as altering its overall sonics by using an acrylic platter as opposed to the glass one it was voiced with, never really stuck me as the way to go......., I'd instead address the issue of tonearm wiring or isolation footers, as well as install either Verizon of the Autorium 23 LP mat before being sidetracked.
I find Rega's from a particle standpoint to offer better value when replacing their motors units as well, look into pricing said items, and it becomes clear, while some tend to think that costlier units are the norm...., look at tables like the Nottingham's, where spinning the platter once or twice offers enough torgue for any sized record out there, be it 180 to 200 grams, mass isn't everything......., but it does count as far as ones amp or speaker stands go. To my way of thinking........, if so many American made wares are so great?, why then have imported wares been with us for what seems like forever?, it's because besides looks, so base their purchases upon the items abilities to play notes properly, no?.
I know they still make VPI
tables.  SOTA is long gone
 Or a take over now 
The 3rd table from the UK   they make better tables in the UK at same price point.   So  VPI  wins + USA made.    ONLY   IMO

SOTA was purchased by employees several years ago, and is doing fine right now (Kirk passed, but Donna is still owner). They're even working on new product development, including a series increment to the current table lineup, and a high-end rack. Still USA-made. Far from "long gone".

They did a bang-up job on my Star/Nova rebuild this summer. Check out their Facebook page.