Softone 300B SET AMPLIFIER

Looking to venture into SET territory. Does anyone have or tried the Softone 300B amp and willing to offer their opinion on its strengths and weaknesses---or an alternative, similarly priced SET amp-around $1,000. I would like to get a taste with minimum investment before taking a full plunge. Thanks for your feedback.
a_passion
george, looking at the picture its hard to tell whether or not you're joking. Is this a serious feedback or you're just being funny?
or you’re just being funny?

No, just ask Al from DEQX, after he heard it with the Goldmund’s, he bought the Softone off me that day for $1.5k

We played a trick on him when he first walked in we hid the minuscule Softone behind the equipment rack, behind a massive Threshold amp that looked to be the amp he was listening to.

You must understand though, those original Goldmund  Apologue speakers were passive and are a very easy impedance load and around 100db efficiency.

Cheers George
   did you try the $800 softone 300b amp? I also am saving for a Don Sachs preamp $3.2k, having never tried tubes but Don's is a very expensive hit & will use all my savings for a year. My equipment chain is ead ovation 8 preamp, ATI 1505 (5 channel 150 watts/ channel) amp, Thiel 2.1 floorstander speakers, schiit gungnir dac, CXN streamer dac.

Only see 2 of don sachs items sold on audiogon for last 3 years,but do not expect I could sell the $800 softone for much, given its low cost & lack of reputation.
No, I did not pull the trigger. I'm still very interested, but currently driving my Tekton Lore Reference speakers to great satisfaction with a custom EL34 tube amp by Jim Nichols--a disciple of Lance Cochran. 
Hi Everyone,

My Softone 300b amp needs repair.
Does anyone know where I can have it fixed in the USA or Canada?

Thanks
Craig