So much Bach, where do I start?

I think I could really get into J.S. Bach, but I want to start with music that has characteristics I know I like.
percussive/choppy
different voices simultainously playing different melodic lines,
modern recording,
virtuosity (duh)

Dislikes:
harpsicords,
organs (from what little I've heard...no percussive faculty)
quiet music (for the moment)

I've been researching some with Napster and for soloists I like really like Casalas and Segovia, but the recording quality is kind of distracting to me. I also quite like the Double Violin Conerto Viviance (even despite the harpsicord ;) it's the only non-solo music I've found so far) and the piano Fugue stuff.
So, any particular CDs to check out? I need something to compliment my first good stereo system!
grungle
This has exploded :-)
Well, I'll see what's at the local record shops, and I'm sure if I look I can find a specialty store. I dug around my mother's house and turned up an ADD recording of the Brandenburg Concertos on Sonata, they are missing sleeves though. I hadn't even considered Bachs's choral pieces.
Megasam, I'll take a look at Vivaldi. I also found the four seasons with Pinnock, I quite like Winter.
I became interested in Bach in large part due to the book "Godel, Escher, Bach" by Douglas Hofstadler (sp?). I wanted to look into some of the compostion techniques he talks about, backwards themes, hiding his name, etc.
For Vivaldi orchestral try the Musici version with C. Scimone on Philips Classics, vols 1&2, and enjoy!
i read 'goedel, escher, bach' more than ten years ago - a fascinating book, but not an easy one. with regard to the composition techniques, hofstaedter - for the most part and as far as i remember - refers to bach's 'art of fugue'. in fact, 'goedel, escher, bach' inspired me to get a recording of this fascinating piece (kenneth gilbert on DG/archiv). however, this might not be the kind of baroque music you are looking for. not very easy to listen to, but still enjoyable (harpsicord, though).
for a better understanding of hofstaedter's work it might also help, if you read up a little on canons, fugues, contrapunctus etc. (i have to admit, i only have a very basic understanding of these topics).
1)Trevor Pinnock's Recording of Brandenbergs/Archive--None finer.Archive/Digital 1984 versions
2)Even if you hate harpsichord or organ now, you may find the music transcribed on other insruments. Not to be missed category
A)Schubler Chorals. Alain/Erato/org
B)Goldberg Variations /Gustav Leonhardt/hrpchd
C)Tocattas & Fugues / Walcha/org/Archive
D)2&3 part Inventions/ Kenneth Gilbert/hrpchd/Archive&HM
3)I highly recommend the Italian Concerto done on piano by Alfred Brendel/Phillips(Includes chorale preludes done incredibly well)
4)Well tempered Clavier/Sviataslav Ricter/piano version/DG
Hope you enjoy the journey through this greatest of all baroque composers....Frank
Frank, thank you for suggestions above. I second Pinnock, Leonhardt, Brendel, and Richter; will check out Walcha, Alain (I've been looking for a "convincing" Chorals version for some time now). May I also suggest Orchestral Works / Munchinger / Decca: I think you'll find The Art of the Fugue convincing.
Regards